Over the gate...

Designed in 1913 by Victorian/Edwardian/other architect Theophilus A Allen; John Lennon's house between 1964 and 1968; sunroom, attic and prisco stripe hibernice; Mellotron and caravan; Babidji and Mimi; mortar and pestle; Wubbleyoo Dubbleyoo; curios and curiosity; remnants and residue; testimonials and traces; (Cavendish Avenue, Sunny Heights and Kinfauns); Montagu Square; mock Tudor: Brown House: *KENWOOD*.

(Also available as a blog.)

Legal Blah: This blog is for historical research only, and is strictly non-commercial. All visual and audio material remains the property of the respective copyright owner, and no implication of ownership by me is intended or should be inferred. Any copyright owner who wants something removed should contact me and I will do so immediately. Alternatively, I would be delighted to provide a credit. The writing is by me, such as it is, unless otherwise stated, and this is the only Beatles related blog I am responsible for.

Comments Blah: Comments are moderated. Any genuine comments are welcome. Due to idiotic spamming, you'll have to press the "Follow" button on the right under "Kenwoodites..." in order to leave a comment. Offensive comments/advertising/trolling/other moronicisms are not welcome, and will be rejected.
Comments are the responsibility of the individual commenter, and commenters' opinions do not necessarily reflect my own. (NB: This blog revels in flagrant trivia. If that's not yer "thing", this won't be yer "thang".)

Correspond via: kenwoodlennon@googlemail.com

Thursday 14 July 2016

V&A: Psychedelic Eye On Display.


The Victoria & Albert Museum in London has a major new exhibition in the works: "You Say You Want a Revolution? Records and Rebels 1966-70" runs from 10 September-26 February 2017 and will, as one might expect, feature the Fabs; both John and George's Sgt Pepper outfits will be on display, amongst other things.

Now, excitingly for those with an interest in Kenwood, I have it on good authority that one of those other things will be John's Eye mosaic from the pool, which was recently rediscovered, returned to its rightful owners, and restored to former glory.

Apparently the thing measures about 5 feet by 15 feet, consists of around 14,000 tiles, and is quite impressive in the flesh. Lovely stuff, and more details to follow, apparently...

Thanks to Bernie Cochrane.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, do you know where the mosaic was found?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long story: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/missing-john-lennon-psychedelic-eye-3370065

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous! Any info on the "Swedish businessman" mentioned in the echo article?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I don't remember seeing that eye but then, when I was walking around the gardens I had to do it fast so I wasn't found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting Friday - can't wait.
    Missing your posts by the way !
    Brilig

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting tomorrow - can't wait.
    Missing your posts by the way !
    Brilig

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to miss. Keep an eye out (absolutely no pun intended) in the corridor before you enter the exhibition proper. It's above eye level (oh stop it, for God's sake), and, at least when I visited, has nothing to identify it for those that don't know. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want to second that I'm missing your posts. Hope you're not bored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I was. Too much life stuff going on at the moment. This rubbish is surprisingly time consuming. I will try and pick it up again soon, if my life ever sorts itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second that. Missing your posts big time. My favourite blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually only got there two Fridays back. I'm glad you mentioned the fact it is in the corridor before actually entering exhibition otherwise I might have missed it. Great exhibition of all things upon which I obsess. I had to stop myself correcting the ill-informed riff raff spouting on about crap they didn't know and getting in my way at the same time but other than that it was a very enjoyable day out.

    Brilig

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually only got there two Fridays back. I'm glad you mentioned the fact it is in the corridor before actually entering exhibition otherwise I might have missed it. Great exhibition of all things upon which I obsess. I had to stop myself correcting the ill-informed riff raff spouting on about crap they didn't know and getting in my way at the same time but other than that it was a very enjoyable day out.

    Brilig

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.